Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Turkey for Chocolate Lovers!

GOBBLE GOBBLE (we are experiencing camera difficulties)
I made these lil' guys for my first graders today since it would be my last day teaching them this semester *sniff* and because it's TURKEYWEEK! This reffers to thanksgiving of course, but also all week at school the lessons were turkey themed. So fun!

To make:
everything is "glued" with vanilla icing, but I realized after chocolate would blend in more!
The base is a two-toned store brand "oreo" cookie flipped to the vanilla side
The butt is a two-toned store brand "orero" cookie flipped to the chocolate side
The tummy in an unwrapped mini reeses peanut butter cup
The head is a single whopper ball
The red-dangly turkey neck thing (hows that for a name?) is a red-hot cinnamon candy
The feathers are M&Ms

Variations: I've seen candycorn for feathers or beak, my store didn't have them after Halloween
I didn't bother buying orange frosting gel to do feet or eyes

No comments: