Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Another blogpost already? Woohoo- aren't you lucky readers? Reader? How many people actually read this thing?

Memorial day weekend was grand because Vincent had Friday-Monday off so we got to have a four-day date-a-thon. Friday morning we went to the early showing of Pirates of the Carribean (#4) in IMAX 3D. I would normally never pay the outrageous price for those tickets but we had two free movie passes from my awesome penny pinching and deal snagging. It was AWESOME and we both highly suggest if you're going to pay for a movie ticket just go ahead and get the uber ticket and see it in IMAX 3D. Usually the large screen and/or 3D gives me a headache but it was really smooth in this movie. And also get some popcorn..that buttery goodness probably took three years off my life but dang it was yummy.

Friday night we headed up to petries to play a new game Vince tried out at CityWideGaming Weekend that is still in early production phase. The game is really good and the designer/creator is looking for startup funds to get it officially going.

Saturday we slept in, played Pirates of the Carribean Lego game on the Wii and had a nice brunch out at Famous Daves. Mmm BBQ! We actually had our goofy rehearsal dinner catered by Famous Daves- it was fun to have something goofy and so informal followed by a fancy shmancy formal wedding and reception the next day. Then we reflected on our 4.5 years of marriage that brings us to the present where we're still that goofy couple hopelessly in love with eachother. We spent another evening at Petries playing a few games but this time headed out early to get back home and just cuddle up reading books and magazines with our pups included. We seriously have the words most cuddely dogs.

Sunday I ditched my cutie husband and went to a craft day at a friends house. In Utah I always wished I had more creative and artsy friends to have a day like this with- but wow here in Colorado these gals are SUPER creative! I was seriously in awe watching them all work on their creations. Then there was me who sat with my mixed up boxes of scrapbook supplies trying to get a few pages together but was SO unorganized from the packing/moving- I haven't seen my art stuff in over 18 months. Welcome back into my life, you wonderful little papers and toys! I promise never to leave you again. I was gone most of the day and came home to a content husband who had been working on Petrie's website and talking to his California friends online.

Monday (oh my goodness this post keeps going!) we had the family BBQ for Memorial Day. Good food, good games (I won trivia persuit with Ben on my team), and the opening of the POOL! Woohoo- Summer is HERE!

No comments: