Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Moving and Interior re-decorating

We're moving! Kind of..

Its actually more accurate to say we're moving BACK.

There has been a lot of blood sweat and tears poured into our house. We wanted to upgrade to something bigger and better but we're waiting out the housing market. We feel overly blessed with what we already have- a nice 3 level house that is completelty ours! I'm thankful our finances are strong and we were able to buy a house that met my criteria as newly weds.


My house must-haves:


-open kitchen with bar opening to a room we can entertain in


- a fireplace (for Santa, of course!)


- skylights (this has changed, I ended up hating them in the bedroom- no dark room sleeping in)


- a fenced yard,


-a garage- no carports when you live in a winter wonderland



I'm thankful to never have had to have have a landlord, apartment, or rent- unless you count college dorm life and living in a sorority house. That being said the house is empty currently so I'm going to take my time redoing the interior decorating as we get back in. Here's a preview of the main level bathroom- we use it as a mudroom. I have a weird fascination with "theming" bathrooms. This one, of course, is MICKEY MOUSE! It's amazing what a few nice accents can do. Not pictured is the matching trashcan and wall art.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Looks soooo Mickey! :)
Way to embrace the moment Sarah. Things are going to happen just the way they're meant to. You'll see.