Friday, September 12, 2008

We Will Never Forget... (9/11)


9/11 was something many of us will never forget. I remember everything from that day.
I could go into details about where I was, even what I was wearing. I saw the first plane's hit damage on the news while at home, and the second live when I was in early-morning before school yearbook class. However, these sights aren't what I remember most.

I was a senior in highschool obsessed with art. In class my art teacher was trying to calm everyone down and told us to draw/paint our feeling about this event. She said it would be one of the most emotional things we would go through in our young years. She put on the radio as background music. Every single station was filled with reports of what had happened, opinions, news, recaps you name it. There was no music found anywhere. After much fussing the radio finally produced music- The song title I don't know but everyone will reconize the song I'm sure.

"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men who died who gave this right to me. And I proudly stand up next to you and defend her still today. Because there ain't no doubt I love this land. God bless the U.S.A."

This is my memory of 9/11. You couldn't escape what happened, you couldn't avoid the news. The song and the sniffeling that went along with it as everyone sat in silence. This song will always be 9/11 to me.

No comments: